* Based on Debian Buster
* Support for Raspberry Pi 4 hardware
* FKMS OpenGL desktop graphics driver and xcompmgr compositing window manager used when running on Raspberry Pi 4
* Screen Configuration application added for use with FKMS driver
* Raspberry Pi 4 video output options added to Raspberry Pi Configuration
* Uses new PiXflat UI theme for GTK and Openbox
* CPU activity gauge plugin no longer shown on taskbar by default
* CPU temperature gauge plugin added (not shown by default)
* USB ejecter and Bluetooth taskbar icons hidden when not appropriate
* Version 74.0.3729.157 of Chromium web browser included
* Version 188.8.131.52 of Flash player included
* IDLE Python IDE removed
* Wolfram Mathematica removed temporarily due to incompatibility with Buster
* Display of package sizes removed from Recommended Software
* Appearance Settings modified to support independent settings for two monitors
* Oracle Java 7 and 8 replaced with OpenJDK 11
* Miscellaneous small bug fixes
* On-board 5GHz WiFi blocked by rfkill by default
The block is removed when taking one of the following actions:
- Selecting a locale in the first run wizard
- Setting the WiFi country in the Raspberry Pi Configuration tool or the Network Settings applet
- Setting the WiFi country in raspi-config
- Providing a wpa_supplicant.conf file through the boot partition
- Running 'rfkill unblock wifi'
* Boot partition size set to 256M
* Linux kernel 4.19.50
* Raspberry Pi firmware 88ca9081f5e51cdedd16d5dbc85ed12a25123201
As one of the smallest systems around there are so many amazing things you could do with the Raspberry Pi if it was self-powered and portable. Introducing PiJuice! A fully uninterruptible power supply that will always keep your Raspberry Pi powered.
Our revolutionary PiAnywhere technology contained in every PiJuice HAT – is the best way to take your Pi off the grid! The real time clock (RTC) on board will let your Pi know what time it is even with no power input or internet connection. Alongside this is an integrated microcontroller (MCU) chip which will manage soft shut down functionality and a true low power deep sleep state and intelligent startup.
You will be able to always keep track of the charge levels and other info with the two built-in tri-coloured RGB LEDs, trigger events and scripts with the three programmable buttons and since the PiJuice will use up to just five of your GPIO pins (just power and I2C), the rest are free to diversify your project. The stacking header allows you to continue to use your existing HATs and add-ons with PiJuice.
Onboard 1820 mAh off the shelf Lipo / LiIon battery for ~4 to 6 hours in constant use! (with support for larger Lipo Battery of 5000 or 10,000 mAH+ to last up to 24 hrs +)
A Full Uninterrupted / Uninterruptable Power Supply solution.
Designed for the Raspberry Pi A+, B+, 2B, 3B and 3B+ but also compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero v1.3 and Raspberry Pi Zero Wireless.
Integrated Real Time Clock
Onboard intelligent on/off switch
Low power deep-sleep state with wake on interrupt/calendar event
Programmable multi-colored RGB led (x2) and buttons (x3) with super simple user-configurable options
Hardware watchdog timer to keep your Raspberry Pi on and working in mission-critical remote applications
Our revolutionary PiAnywhere technology ? the best way to take your Pi off the grid!
Full power management API available to Raspberry Pi OS with auto shutdown capability when running low on batteries
Raspberry Pi HAT compatible layout, with onboard EEPROM for easy plug and play operation
Low profile design to fit inside lots of existing Raspberry Pi cases!
Enhanced graphical user interface (GUI) available for easy install (via APT)
Customisable scripts for enhanced flexibility and full report of battery status
All GPIOs available via stackable header for ease of expandability and connectivity
Charge via on-board micro USB or via the Raspberry Pi micro USB (or from onboard pin headers)
Batteries can be charged from different type of sources and voltages
Replace the battery without downtime. Compatible with any single cell LiPo or LiIon battery
Fully CE and FCC tested design. Battery safety tested also.
The EEPROM can be disabled and its I2C address changed for increased compatibility with other boards
BP7X battery – original battery from Motorola Droid 2 (A955) – 1820mAh battery
Microcontroller is an ST Micro STM32F030CCT6 ARM Cortex-M0, 48MHz, F64KB, R8KB, I2C, SPI, USART, 2.4-3.6V
Charge IC – BQ24160RGET Charger IC Lithium-Ion/Polymer, 2.5A, 4.2-10V
Optional spring pin – Mil-Max 0929-7-15-20-77-14-11-0
Compatible with any 4 pin battery on board that can be used with 00-9155-004-742-006 battery contacts from AVX including the BP7X, BP6X, and any compatible batteries including the 1600mAh and 2300mAh
ones from CameronSino (CS-MOA853SL and CS-MOA855XL)
There is an on board 4 pin screw terminal block for larger off board batteries. Any single cell LiPo / LiIon is compatible. However, you use your own sourced battery at your own risk. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND using
a battery with an internal protection circuit and a NTC (temp sensor)
Optional header for offboard button – connected to same output as SW1
6 pin breakout header – with two GPIO from the ARM Cortex-M0, Vsys, 5v0, 3v3, GND connections
Header for optional off board solar panel / wind turbine etc.
Optional RF Shield attachment – Harwin S02-20150300 (can also double as an inexpensive heatsink)
Input voltage range – 4.2V 10V
Output voltage – 3.3V and 5V
Output amperage – maximum current at 5V gpio is 2.5A and at VSYS output 2.1A, but also this depends heavily on battery capacity. For BP7X have measured around 1.1A at 5V GPIO and around 1.6A at VSYS
output. Obviously, this also depends heavily on the current draw demanded by the Raspberry Pi/device itself. To achieve a maximum of 2.5A it will need battery over 3500mAh.
Boxed weight – 96g
Boxed dimensions – 12.2 x 10.8 x 3.5 cm
Unboxed weight – 57g
Unboxed dimensions – 6.5 x 5.6 x 2 cm
PiJuice HAT box contains
1 x PiJuice HAT
1 x Battery and battery surround
1 x PiJuice guide
4 x Mounting posts attached to PiJuice
8 x Mounting screws (4 are already assembled to the board)